The OFNC publishes
OFNC Publication Policy
Trail & Landscape
Trail & Landscape is a quarterly newsletter. In addition to listings of club activities,
it contains reports of interesting field trips, unusual observations, and articles on conservation and the natural history of the Ottawa Valley and surrounding region. Free to members; $2/issue for individual copies as available.
ARTICLES FOR TRAIL & LANDSCAPE
Have you been on an interesting field trip or made some unusual observations? Write up your thoughts and send them to Trail & Landscape. We accept email, diskettes and CDs, or submissions in traditional form - typed, written, or printed.
- Material for the January-March issue must be in the editor's hands by November 1.
- Material for the April-June issue must be in the editor's hands by February 1.
- Material for the July-September issue must be in the editor's hands by May 1.
- Material for the October-December issue must be in the editor's hands by August 1.
Mail your manuscripts to:
Karen McLachlan Hamilton
2980 Moodie Drive
Nepean ON K2J 4S7
T&L issues and sets with articles of special interest
20-year index (also available on CD, $3)
Books and other material on regional natural history
- Alfred Bog: a conservation success story (2008 booklet) - download single-sided pages | booklet format
- Larose Forest: a guide with species lists (2014 booklet) $4
- Nature and Natural Areas in Canada's Capital Special price! $5
- Autobiography of John Macoun, Canadian Explorer and Naturalist, 1831-1920 $20
- Lichens of the Ottawa Region
$10 NOW ONLY $5
- A Guide to the Geology of the Gatineau-Lièvre District $5
- A Birder's Checklist of Ottawa (seasonal status and map) $2
- Ottawa District Bird Checklist (5-day field observation card and map) $2
- Checklist of the Butterflies of the Ottawa District $2
- Songs of the Seasons (cassette) $11.50 + sales tax
- A passion for wildlife: a history of the Canadian Wildlife Service, 1947-1997 by J. Alexander Burnett, special issue of The Canadian Field-Naturalist, $10
- The history of the exploration of the vascular flora of Canada, Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, and Greenland by James S. Pringle, special issue of The Canadian Field-Naturalist, $10
- A life with birds: Percy A. Taverner, Canadian ornithologist, 18751947 by John L. Cranmer-Byng, special issue of The Canadian Field-Naturalist, $10
- The orchids in the Ottawa District by Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch, special issue of The Canadian Field-Naturalist, $10
These items and others are available for purchase at OFNC monthly meetings, held the second Tuesday of the month (except July and August) at the Canadian Museum of Nature.
Purchases can also be made by mailing a cheque for the amount of your order (plus shipping costs) in Canadian funds, payable to the Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club, to
- Business Manager
- Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club
- Box 35069, Westgate PO
- Ottawa ON K1Z 1A2
Prices listed here are in Canadian dollars and do not include postage. For orders under $20, postage is $5 in Canada, $8 to the United States, and $10 elsewhere. For orders over $20, the corresponding mailing costs are $10 (in Canada), $15 (USA), and $20 (elsewhere).